"Repair, not replace" is the recipe for success at MTU Maintenance. As a result, the globally operating company has developed into the world's largest independent maintenance engineer for civil engines. MTU Maintenance Berlin-Brandenburg, with around 850 employees, specializes in aero engines in the lower to middle thrust and power category, as well as industrial gas turbines. Join our dedicated team in Ludwigsfelde, near Berlin, as a
The goal of supply chain management (SCM) is to have a complete overview. Especially with a good order situation, there is a risk that everyone only keeps their own components in mind and no longer perceives effects on suppliers, customers or interfaces in other areas. The SCM will remedy this situation. The goal is to manage the company’s entire value chain. SCM includes the areas of logistics, central purchasing, order and material planning, and scheduling.
- Ensuring procurement of new and used parts for engine parts on the market
- Defining local and global strategic supplier strategies for material in accordance with program and customer requirements and the requirements from other MRO locations
- Securing the management of negotiations and global contracts with MRO locations at top management level
- Permanent, active observation of OEMs and competitors in the MRO market and active derivation of measures and adjustment of purchasing strategies
- Carrying out price and value analyses of suppliers regarding general commercial, technical and qualitative requirements
- Promotion of the active selection of (alternative) suppliers and substitution of parts and materials
- Identification of new suppliers and their approval and transition to contractual relationships
- Protection of agile supply chain performance including the regular review of supplier performance with respect to key performance indicators
- Communication support during the annual forecast of quantities relating to material planning in the supplier network
- Participation in reporting purchasing key performance indicators (KPI)
- Coordination and escalation of supplier problems with operational purchasing
- Degree in engineering, economics or industrial engineering
- Proven, relevant professional experience and success in international strategic purchasing and ideally several years of experience working in a group of companies
- Many years of experience in projects involving multi-functional and multinational team and coordination of multi-functional project teams
- Solid commercial knowledge and analytical skills
- Experience in independent, international negotiations and drafting contracts and executive board templates for contracts/documents
- Experience in the coordination of material and purchasing strategies in international groups of companies
- Complete fluency in spoken and written English
- Very good communication skills, experience in dealing with senior management levels, and confident manner
- Ambitious, independent, solution-oriented work and a strong "can do" attitude combined with the persistent pursuit of objectives
- Willingness to travel regularly in Germany and abroad, especially the US supply chain
- Capacity for teamwork, commitment and willingness to take responsibility, high resilience and flexibility
We invest in the professional and personal development of each employee by providing a comprehensive range of further education and tailor-made development programs.
We offer a range of additional services tailored to your needs: A timely retirement plan is just as important to us as measures to reconcile work and family life, for example with our flexible working time models or the opportunity for teleworking. In addition, MTU is involved in health and fitness.
As a technology company, women with a qualified education are also very important to us. Your applications are especially welcome!
Interested? Then give your career a boost and send us your complete dossier, the earliest possible start date, and your salary expectations through our online application form that you can access directly from this page.
We are pleased to meet you!
Tel: +49 3378 824-561