Our PHP engineers play a central role in the development of a variety of products, overcoming a range of various challenges. Taking full ownership for products: you are designing it, you are building it, you are running it, you are monitoring it. We are on the state that quality is the most important for us. We are actively testing code and performance, daily improving our environment by increasing automation and introducing new tools.
We are developing a micro services every week following hexagonal architectural pattern. We admit that we have legacy code, but in 90% of cases we extract business domain and migrating to new shiny microservice. We are fully dockerised on development and production (infrastructure as a code, thanks to Terraform). We are following of DevOps practices thats allow us to have a few deployments per day. More about us: php 7.*, newest Symfony, fully on AWS. EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, ELK stack, Jenkins and more.
Join us. We are always looking for great PHP engineers.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, drive: Solution design, development, testing, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves in our 80 different applications and services
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin. (1600+ releases in 2017)
- Raise the bar: Your personal skill set and solid experience bring direct impact to our teams. By sharing your views and experiences, you add to our diverse culture which makes everyone of us better every day
- Lead the pack: Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and create tools to launch new green field applications
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated. All projects are on PHP 7.*, mainly using the symfony framework from versions 2.x to 4.x. We employ docker, mysql, postgresql, elasticsearch, supervisor and AWS technologies like ec2, ecs, sns/sqs, s3, elasticache and more
- Migrating PHP MVC applications to modern 12factor microservices has its own challenges and these require creative approaches
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production
- In one month your impact to your team starts to become measurable
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a core committer to a two digit number of our applications, being broadly as much as deeply experienced with technical and business challenges in your team and its direct vicinity
What you will get:
- Colleagues striving for excellence while using the latest technologies
- Relocation support to Germany which includes assistance with visa, apartment search and refund of moving costs
- A beautiful and modern office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg, Bergmannkiez) with free drinks & fruits
- Team and company events like Hackathons, International Nights, Annual Company Parties, Football, Team Nights and more
- Attractive discounts on different services like gym, public transport, car purchases and others
- Flexible working hours
- Annual salary reviews weaved into our feedback cycle
- German Language courses for free, in the office
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations. We are looking forward to your application.