AUTO1 Group is Europe’s leading multi-sided platform for the used car sector. We lead business activities in more than 30 countries worldwide. By connecting buyers and sellers through technology we enable dealers and consumers to trade seamlessly throughout Europe. AUTO1 Group owns business units like AUTO1.com, Autohero.com and wirkaufendeinauto.de.
Experience the company from end-to-end and build products with highly complex business logic with direct impact on company profits. As a Principal Java Engineer you will assist in defining new products, features, and services for our clients working closely with developers and stakeholders in an agile environment.
What you will do:
- Ownership and Inspiration: Technological prototyping, platform architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves in our service oriented platform with currently 200+ restful microservices.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems. Berlin: in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (1600+ releases in 2017).
- Raise the bar: As a principal engineer you are our bar. Excellence and skill of all engineers are measured against your experience, mentality and drive on a constant basis. Whenever you push your own limits, you push those of the company as well.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and creating tools to launch new green field applications.
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated.
- We currently use spring-cloud, java8, postgres 9.5 with jsonb types, mysql, elasticsearch and a nice bunch of AWS technologies like ec2, ecs with docker, s3, rds, sqs/sns, elasticache and some lambdas.
- Dealing with tons of microservices has its own challenges and they require creative approaches.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production
- In one month your impact to your team starts to become measurable
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers.
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a key strategy advisor in questions of (Java, Php, Frontend, etc). As a core contributor to central projects and mentor for your primary technology you’re pushing forward on multiple business and technical challenges and drive them to success.
What you will get:
- Colleagues striving for excellence while using the latest technologies
- Relocation support to Germany which includes assistance with visa, apartment search and refund of moving costs
- A beautiful and modern office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg, Bergmannkiez) with free drinks & fruits
- Team and company events like Hackathons, International Nights, Annual Company Parties, Football, Team Nights and more
- Attractive discounts on different services like gym, public transport, car purchases and others
- Flexible working hours
- Annual salary reviews weaved into our feedback cycle
- German Language courses for free, in the office
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations.